Verizon Visual 411 Sweepstakes
VERIZON VISUAL 411 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 11/18/13 through 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/19/14 (“Promotion Period”), visit www.vz411.com (“Website”) to register for the Verizon Visual 411 Application (“App”) and answer the daily question about the App. Each day during the Promotion Period, the Website will feature a different question about the App. Registered participants will receive one entry in the sweepstakes for each daily question they answer during the Promotion Period. Answers to questions need not be correct to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/19/14. A person can use only one email address to enter. Limit one entry per email address per calendar day. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Verizon Services Corp., its affiliates, parent corporations, subsidiaries, advertising, sweepstakes, promotion and internet agencies (collectively “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about 1/21/14 from among all eligible entries received. Random drawing will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per household.
- PRIZES: There will be thirteen (13) prizes available with a total value of $3,700, awarded as follows: One (1) Grand Prize: A $2,500 check made payable to the winner; Four (4) First Prizes of a $250 check made payable to the winner; and Eight (8) Second Prizes of a $25 check made payable to the winner. Prizes consist of only the item specifically listed as the prize.
- GENERAL RULES: Potential Grand Prize winner (and parent/legal guardian if potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 10 days of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects, in its sole discretion, that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Entrants/winners (and parent/legal guardian if entrant/winner is a minor) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mistranscribed phone/e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the sweepstakes, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the drawing for all remaining prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online registration form. Any damage made to the Web Site by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS: For a list of winners’ names, send an email to email@example.com with “WINNERS 7627” as the subject line. Requests must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/19/14. Winners list will be sent once all winners have been verified.
SPONSOR: Verizon, c/o LiveSource, Patricia White, 600 Hidden Ridge, Irving, TX 75038
ADMINISTRATOR: D.L. Blair, Inc., 400 Post Avenue, Suite 400, Westbury, NY 11590